Clarence H. Butts
Energetic, hard working entrepreneurial sales executive with extensive B2B sales and marketing experience with C-Level executive management. Diverse sales experience including capital equipment, medical devices and business aircraft training. Competitive and dedicated to consistently meeting or exceeding quota. Excellent project management, communication, large account management, database analysis, business-need analysis, channel sales and relationship-selling skills and other core competencies such as:
- New Business Development
- Technical Sales
- Competitive Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Channel Distribution Sales Contract Negotiation
- Consultative Selling
- Strategic Planning
- Presentation Skills
3M Company 2008 to Present
Electrical Markets Division
Sales Representative S3. Manage Electrical Distributors to achieve forecast sales, support division promotional activity in the field through distribution sales activity, customer focus selling and end- user training. Responsible for medium voltage field customer support, training, education and problem solving. Responsible for training and educating electrical engineers about 3M products and securing 3M specification.
Quota Attainment: 2009–100%, 2010—105%, 2011–120%
3M Company , St. Louis, MO 2007 to 2008 Regional RFID Specialist
New Business Venture. Consulted Hospitals, Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, Legal and Manufacturing organizations who want to understand, utilize and implement RFID (Radio Frequency ID) technologies to track mobile medical devices in hospitals, anti-counterfeit measures in pharmaceutical supply chain, track chain-of-custody of legal documents or high-value asset trunk inventory management for telecommunications firms.
- Recruited C-Level Management to 3M Innovation Center, St. Paul, for technology shows which resulted in executive level presentations to advance sale cycle.
- Developed a rich pipeline of 30 hospital prospects, 3 pharmaceutical manuf. prospects, 10 law firms prospects and 1 manufacturing prospect representing potential sales of $35 Million.
- Directed 3M internal resources as project manager to complete need analysis, technology requirements, site surveys, process-flow mapping, software compatibility to advance prospects toward contract closure.
- Executed 3M marketing plans for independent distributor reps to provide training, joint customer calls, and presentations which resulted in Louisiana reps sourcing $100,000 in new business and Dallas/Fort Worth reps sourcing $150,000 in New Business.
FlightSafety International St. Louis, MO. 2001 to 2007
Regional Marketing Manager
- Successfully achieved quota attainment six consecutive years which resulted in a 20% increase of territory revenue.
- Initiated a test program to simplify billing reports and address a major source of customer dissatisfaction which resulted in not only an $800,000 customer win-back but also company-wide adoption to reduce rep work load and increase customer satisfaction.
- Quota Attainment: 170%, 130%, 130%, 115%, 127%, 129%, respectively
Allegiance Health Care St. Louis, MO. 1998 to 2001
Surgical Products Representative
New business development and base maintenance in a $25 Million territory of surgical products.
- Managed channel sales into the hospital market through distribution partners, Owens & Minor, McKessen and others.
- Co-marketed promotional programs with individual channel reps.
- Managed customer relations with hospital end-users and administration, e.g.purchasing departments, surgical staff and physicians
- Achieved 100 % of assigned quota three consecutive years
- $800,000 competitive win against Johnson & Johnson.
Eastman Kodak St. Louis, MO 1990 to 1998
Sales Representative, Copier Sales
Sold high-volume copier-duplicators in the Federal Government and Legal Market in St. Louis against the industry leader, Xerox.
- Achieved 100% of assigned quota 8 consecutive years
- Earned “Top Representative of the Region” recognition sales
- Earned “Best Performer of the Year Award” for sales
- Earned “Mid-year 100% club Cruise Winner” for sales
Education B.S., Economics, Washington University, St. Louis
Member: National Business Aircraft Association
Member: Gateway Eagles
Certificate: Private Pilot—Single Engine
Certificate: Eastman Kodak 12 week Professional Selling, Rochester, NY Training Certificate: Dale Carnegie Sale Training
Certificate: Achieve Global—Professional Selling
Certificate: Face to Face Selling Course
Certificate: Miller-Heiman Strategic Selling and Large Account Processes Course Certificate: Customer Focus Selling 3M